SafePal S1 Review  – Supported Coins, Price, Firmware Overview
SAFEPAL S1 OVERVIEW
The search for the ultimate user-friendly and secure crypto hardware wallet continues. Different products have come and gone. Different features have existed but lately, there’s a unique one making the headlines: the SafePal S1.
Launched in January 2019 by Shenzen-based SafePal, a company backed by Binance Labs, the venture arm of crypto exchange Binance, The SafePal S1 is the first product released and it is a very great way to enter the relatively new hardware wallet industry.
The wallet itself looks like an old-school MP3 player or like an iPod. It has a 1.3-inch screen, a glossy black back, six physical buttons, and a camera. A major convenient feature it has is the USB cable through which it charges and it also comes with a matching app.
SAFEPAL S1 PRICING
SafePal S1 costs a measly $39.99 which makes it the cheapest hardware wallet on the market.
SAFEPAL WALLET PROJECT REVIEW: 1ST TOKENIZED CRYPTO HARDWARE WALLET
SafePal S1 is the perfect device for users because of its light, portable air-gapped, on-the-go features. two pressing issues- having an affordable hardware wallet solution and also gaining access to the latest crypto industry offerings have been answered by the hardware wallet. SafePal is also fully compatible with more than 1,000 DeFi solutions like Aave, Uniswap, Sushiswap, and Curve. DeFi represents a decentralized solution to finance therefore many of the participants want access to decentralized wallet solutions to protect their assets while being able to securely participate.
There is a boom in the NFT segment of the crypto industry causing artists and collectors to search for a safe decentralized haven for their NFT assets. As one of the most NFT compatible hardware wallets in the industry, the SafePal S1 supports NFT platforms like Openseas, Rarible, and Sandbox, SafePal wallet can store ERC721, ERC1155, and BSC NFTs. SafePal will keep catering to the NFT segment with secure and convenient storage solutions.
The continued growth in the crypto industry will create an increased need for an accessible, affordable, and highly secured hardware wallet. SafePal is supported by Binance, and they complement each other in driving greater crypto adoption. Integration of the Binance Dex, as well as Binance Spot Trading directly into the SafePal App, allows hardware wallet users to conveniently trade their crypto assets.
How to set and activate the Safepal S1 Hardware wallet
• Turn the device on, select the right language by pressing the central “OK” button and click past a quick primer on how to use the device.
• Next is setting up a new wallet and creating a mnemonic phrase. The mnemonic phrase has five words at a time. Please, write these down.
If you would have bet on the right coins this year you could easily have 10xed your capital…
You could even have made as much as 100x which means you could have turned $100 into as much as 10k.
Experts believe this will happen again in 2021, the only question is which coin do you bet on?
My friend and cryptocurrency expert Dirk is personally betting on 3 under-the-radar cryptocurrencies for huge ROI in 2021..
Click here to learn what these coins are (watch till the end of the presentation).
• Next is the verification phrase. This involves choosing the right word out of five options and doing this for every word in the 12, 18, or 24-word phrase. It’s quite a straightforward and painless process.
• Next set a PIN for the device.
• You’ll need to confirm the same string of six numbers.
• After this, download the SafePal app.
• To pair the app with the device, use the S1’s built-in camera to capture the QR code on the app. Then, I return the favor and use my phone to take a photo of the eight QR codes on the device one after another. Yipee, your device is paired.
How to add/receive crypto into your SafePal S1 Hardware wallet
There are two ways of receiving funds in your S1 wallet
• Step 1: Log in to your SafePal S1 wallet mobile app on click on the “Receive” icon
• Step 2: Copy the wallet address and forward it to the party sending you crypto coins.
• Step 1: Have the party sending you cryptos/tokens scan your wallet’s QR code.
• Step 2: Wait for the funds to show on the wallet.
How to send crypto from your SafePal S1 Hardware wallet
• Step 1: Log in to the SafePal S1 mobile wallet app and click on the “Send” button.
• Step 2: From the list of hosted cryptocurrencies and tokens, select the coin you would like to send
• Step 3: Enter the recipient’s wallet address or scan their QR code
• put the number of coins/tokens you wish to send
• Step 4: Select the fee level.
• Step 5: Confirm that the transaction details are correct and hit the send button. The app will then display a dynamic QR code specific to that transaction.
• Step 6: Use the SafePal S1 hardware wallet to authorize the transfer by using the hardware wallet’s camera to scan the app’s QR code and enter the PIN to sign and authorize the transaction.
Is SafePal Safe?
SafePal S1 is a very safe hardware wallet. Having embraced several highly effective security and privacy measures to safeguard the integrity of the device and private keys held therein, it is safer than most hardware wallets in the industry. From its tamper-proof packaging with two proprietary seals to the multiple security features, offline generation of wallet addresses, two-factor authentication, and a 6-digit passcode for the hardware device, the SafePal S1 is very safe.
- Ledger Nano X Review – Full Guide for Beginners
- Trezor One vs. Ledger Nano S vs. KeepKey – The Battle of Hardware Wallets
- Trezor Review – Complete Trezor One Wallet Guide for Beginners
- TREZOR T Review – New Hardware Wallet from Trezor
- BC Vault Review – Price, Supported Coins, Security
- Cryptocurrencies Supported by Trezor Hardware Wallet
- Which Cryptocurrencies Does Ledger Nano S Support?
- CoolWallet S Review 2021 – Awesome Design but How Secure is This Hardware Wallet?
- Best Hardware Wallets for DeFi
- What happens if you lose or damage your hardware wallet?
- Archos Safe-T Mini Review – New Hardware Wallet From Archos
- KeepKey Wallet Review: Is This Safe and Legit Wallet?
- Ellipal Titan Review
- The SafePal S-1 is arguably the best hardware wallet available in the industry thanks to a military-grade security standard EAL 5+. Fully integrated with Binance, you can manage unlimited tokens and coins offline via a transaction signature system.
- The absence of connectivity channels like Bluetooth, Wifi, USB, or NFC connectivity makes it unassailable by hackers and malicious attacks.
- The SafePal S-1 has unlimited storage capacity and makes it possible for you to manage 19 different blockchains and over 10,000 different tokens.
- It is highly portable and compact
- It is possible to Manage your SafePal directly from mobile devices and trade funds thanks to Binance’s decentralized exchange.
- Considering both ease of use and security, The SafePal S-1 is beyond doubt the best hardware wallet ever made.
- One of the few cons of the SafePal S1 is the activation process which can be quite laborious and not beginner-friendly
- Transferring crypto is quite complicated
CaptainAltcoin's writers and guest post authors may or may not have a vested interest in any of the mentioned projects and businesses. None of the content on CaptainAltcoin is investment advice nor is it a replacement for advice from a certified financial planner. The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of CaptainAltcoin.com