The cryptocurrency market is as moody and unpredictable as the sea, sometimes even worse. Keeping a track of your investment is essential, but you can’t always spend the whole day in front of your computer screen. Mobile apps are the future of crypto exchanges, as they allow you access to your trades anywhere and at any time.
This is a quick review of the best mobile apps for crypto trading in 2021. All the apps in the review are compatible with Android and iOS operating systems, and also free to download.
Needless to say, I have tested all these apps personally and I find them easier to exchange and trade cryptocurrencies even if we are not in front of our computer.
So without further delay, let’s look at a list of top cryptocurrency exchanges that offer a reliable, official mobile app. These apps are highly rated by users, easy to use, and free.
What you'll learn 👉
Top 5 FREE Apps for Trading Cryptocurrencies
Binance Crypto App
- Appstore user review 4.9/ 5
- Google Play user review 4.5 / 5
- most common user complaint: none important, sometimes the app freezes
Binance is one of the biggest players in the crypto trading world, and their mobile app is state-of-the-art, with all the options you might ever need:
- crypto futures trading with up to 125x margin leverage ( for selected pairs)
- crypto margin trading
- more than 30 fiat currencies supported
- buying Bitcoin or Etherum directly from the app
- a plethora of crypto wallet options
- EOS staking
- 200+ supported crypto pairs for converting
- earn crypto by staking or lending
- BNB token with a 50% discount on trading fees
Binance also launched its Binance Visa card, and you can connect it with the app, for easy withdraw and deposit of the funds. Live multi-language support is available in the app, and all the user’s funds are protected by using SAFU ( Secure Asset Fund for Users).
CEX.io Trading App
- Appstore user review 4.6 / 5
- Google Play user review 4.2 / 5
- most common user complaint: the robust process of KYC
This app currently supports 20 assets, including popular ones like Bitcoin, Etherum, Litecoin, and many others. Without any complications you can :
- buy crypto from your balance or via credit card
- deposit and withdraw funds
- trade crypto-to-crypto and crypto-to-fiat (all the major currencies supported)
- control the price with market and limit orders
- earn crypto through staking or lending
- arbitrage opportunity
The Cex.io UI is very user friendly, with the instant crypto purchase option integrated, as well as the price alerts and order notifications. The purchase receipts are clean and clear, with all the details from your purchase included in it. The support team is available 24/7, for any type of problem you might have.
Coinbase Crypto Trading App
- Appstore user review 4.7 / 5
- Google Play user review 3.9 / 5
- most common user complaint: long funds withdrawal time, high fees
Coinbase belongs to the top of the crypto platforms, and so does their mobile app. It is one of the most user-friendly apps that include options like:
- the simple buying process of crypto assets (8 supported)
- smart tools, including auto buying and price alerts
- clear and simple UI
- the minimum amount of purchase is low $20
They like to point out their safety solutions, which are top class. Over 98% of the funds are secured safely online, and the rest is well protected with a high level of security features, as well as the user accounts. The support team can be reached via email.
eToro is a private-held Israel- based trading and brokerage company dealing with financial investments. Founded in 2013, the company is among the oldest brokerage sites enabling users to trade cryptocurrencies, including CFD-based crypto trading. CFD (Contract For Difference) is a trading technique used by parties involved in the trade. It allows the seller to pay the buyer a specific amount based on the market price and the selling price as a crypto trading option.
Though headquartered in Israel, eToro serves various countries, including the UK and other European investors. The company released a BETA version, which became the US-based marketplace, making eToro among the best platforms to buy and sell digital coins. Here, you can trade a wide range of cryptocurrencies, especially with its established industry reputation.
67% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
Cryptoassets are highly volatile unregulated investment products. No EU investor protection.
Bitfinex has a fantastic mobile app for Android and iOS.
Using the app, you can deposit funds to your Bitfinex account and also trade cryptocurrency. Some of the popularly traded cryptos on Bitfinex are Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Monero, IOTA, QTUM, NEO, OMG, DASH, ZEC, QASH to name a few.
I like the Bitfinex website and use it often. However, my recommendation for you is to use it as a secondary option considering their alarming controversy with USDT and the fact that they don’t allow US citizens to register anymore.
The mobile app is easy to configure and use, and another cool feature that anyone will particularly enjoy on Bitfinex is the quick liquidation. Bitfinex has you covered no matter what amount of Bitcoins you want to buy or sell.
- Appstore user review 4.2 / 5
- Google Play user review 3.9 / 5
- most common user complaint: frequent updates that slow the app
KuCoin has been recognized as one of the most friendly crypto platforms for new users, with its native coin KCS, which rewards the holders with the lower trading fees. KuCoin has recently released their brand new app UI design with a lot of new features like:
- real-time quotes synced with the platform
- choosing your preferred currency and language
- list of top gainers/losers of trading pairs
- bonuses, including referrals
- support for most trading orders
- favorite trading pairs collection
- price warnings
Their help center is accessible 24/7, and they have an advanced notification system for logins, token prices reaching your preset price, and asset change announcements. With the Family Sharing feature, up to six family members can use the same account.
Gate.io Crypto Trading App
- Appstore user review 4.0 / 5
- Google Play user review 4.1 / 5
- most common user complaint: sometimes flagged as malware, the slow withdrawal process
Gate.io app is often praised for its simple yet effective trading options, supporting both the needs of beginners as well as the more experienced traders. Some of the features this app has to offer are:
- store, trade, and lend cryptocurrencies
- limit buy/sell orders
- conditional orders (take-profit, stop-loss)
- spot exchange, margin trading, and perpetual contacts
- supports Mainnet swap, claim or forked coins for the majority of cryptocurrencies
Their support is available via live chat, as well as the ticket system. Also, they maintain a low level of trade and withdrawal fees, and their interface is multi-language supported.
How to choose the right trading app
Given the fact that you will be handling your valuable assets on the palm of your hand, there are some conditions every crypto trading app must fulfill:
Easy to use
The interface must be simple, yet provide visibility of all your trading options. Also, the app must provide a multi-language option and work on all the newest operating systems. The support service must be easily accessible. The process of depositing and withdrawing the funds should be simple and fast.
Your funds must always be secured, by using 2FA from user’s side, and KYC, advanced security solutions (firewalls, cold wallet) from the app itself, to prevent any hacking attempts or data leak.
Available in your country
Some platforms and exchanges have a list of countries and their residents that are not allowed to use their services. Besides that, some apps aren’t supported in certain countries. Inform your self on the official app page.
Picking the right crypto trading app is essential for your business, and this review has revealed all the ups and downs of the 5 most popular ones. However, there is almost an endless choice of apps on the market, who are constantly upgrading and striving to become number one, so this list isn’t final for 2020, and in the future, we might see some serious changes on the top.
CaptainAltcoin's writers and guest post authors may or may not have a vested interest in any of the mentioned projects and businesses. None of the content on CaptainAltcoin is investment advice nor is it a replacement for advice from a certified financial planner. The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of CaptainAltcoin.com