Politeia will let Decred users and stakeholders propose, discuss, collaborate on and fund new projects, initiatives and consensus changes on the project’s blockchain. The project’s community will fund these activities with money from the mentioned subsidy/treasury, one that Decred’s development organization so far spent $2.8 million/130 thousand DCR from.
As these prices get lower, it opens up lower market cap proof of work coins to 51% attacks. For example, the total hash power securing ETC costs only $12,500 per hour. An attacker with $25,000 of hashpower could cause a 480 block reorg… XMR, DCR in similar situations.— Tushar Jain (@TusharJain_) November 20, 2018
Mobile wallet in the works, Trezor supportThe team is also almost finished their mobile wallets for both Android and iOS – https://github.com/decred/dcrandroid Trezor, the cryptocurrency hardware wallet brand from Satoshi Labs, has recently launched a firmware update for their Model One and Model T cryptocurrency wallet which has added support for Decred.
Decred as long-term investment
- The team behind are the creators of Bitcoin suite.
- Devs are very active and updating the github on daily basis since the project started and they are focusing on development instead of hype and marketing.
- It already supports Lightning Network and will soon have privacy feature, mobile wallet and DEX (The tools for atomic swaps everyone is using are created by Decred team).
- Lightning network creators are working together with Decred team for LN implementation on top of their blockchain
- They have a hybrid consensus mechanism – POS (Proof of stake) + POW. And Decred’s POS pays investors a good share (around 20% a year) and it’s very different from Dash and other POS coins where you need to be rich to participate.
- Looking at other governance and forking horror shows. Look at the GINI coefficient that aims to measure decentralization (Decred already has a better distribution than almost any other crypto and there is still time for anyone that wants to pick up a nice stake).
Join Our Telegram Channel or Follow @CaptainAltcoin