The past week has been a turbulent one. Bitcoin finally closed under $6000, basically confirming the market downtrend before a weekend breakout back to $6400 led us back into the fields of hopium and gave us reasons to be bullish, for the first time in ages. While I’m certain that the price will plummet through the ground as I write this, it does seem like the sentiment around the market is somewhat improving, which could bring us positive price movements in the near future. In the meantime, we can look at the FA side of things and check out what crypto projects have in store for us during this upcoming week.
Probably the most notable event will be the Bitcoin Gold (BTG) hard fork/mainnet upgrade. The project recently suffered a 51% attack which cost it $18 million USD and will be looking to move into a new Equihash-BTG protocol. The protocol is designed to protect the currency from ASIC mining and will include the currency becoming a part of a different mining pool, which should make it safer in the future. There will a few more forks coming up in the mentioned time-frame, with projects like BitTube, Kore and Citadel also looking to perform various upgrades to their code.
The week will be a decent one for airdrops as well, since a couple of projects will be looking to supply its fans with free coins.
- INS Ecosystem, a platform designed for direct interaction between fast moving consumer goods, manufacturers and consumers, will be looking to distribute coins based on INS token holders’ balances from April 1st to June 30th.
- Loopring (LRC), a protocol for building DEX’s will be airdropping 60% of its NEO-based LRN token total supply to LRC token holders. There will be 3 airdrops, scheduled for July 5th, September 5th, and November 5th.
There are a couple of important updates on the ICO field. Projects like WinStars (WINS), BitScreener (BITX), EJA Coin (EJAC) will be finishing up their respective ICO’s while FlipNpik (FNP), Bettium (BETT) and VLUX (VLUX) will be starting their own.
In other announcements, there will be plenty to look forward to:
- Bytecoin has apparently prepared a 6th anniversary surprise for its holders, which will be revealed on July 4th.
- Nexus (NXS) will be having a London meet-up for fans and crypto enthusiasts alike.
- Power Ledger (POWR) will hold a meet-up in Seoul, which will have a Q & A and added networking time included.
- WanChain (WAN) will hold a Mainnet Celebration on July 7th in Kuala Lumpur.
- Waves (WAVES) will take a part in the Summer Road Show London and present “Blockchain in Financial Services” on July 7th, discussing blockchain impact on fintech and legacy financial institutions.
- EagleCoin (EAGLE) will perform a Master Node public test on July 5th, with the EagleX website and a whitepaper coming on July 7th.
- TE-FOOD (TFD) releases Tiered Masternodes on July 6th.
- Lion Coin (LION) to alunch an exchange platform on July 7th.
- Edgeless (EDG) co-founder will speak at the World Gaming Executive Summit in Barcelona from July 3rd-5th
- Asia Digital Asset & Blockchain Congress will be held from July2nd-3rd in Tokyo, Japan.
- Innova (INN) launching an exchange platform.
- TechCrunch Sessions: Blockchain 2018 event to be held on July 6th in Zug, Switzerland. Will include speakers like Vitalik Buterin (Creator, Ethereum), Jutta Steiner (Co-founder, Polkadot), Joe Lubin (Founder, Consensys), Balaji Srinivasan (CTO, Coinbase) and Changpeng Zhao (CEO, Binance). TechCrunch will also be looking to produce an Ethereum meet-up a day later, where Vitalik and other members of the Ethereum team will speak about technological aspects of their blockchain.
Finally, the 5th annual London FinTech Week will be starting on July 6th and will last until July 13th. A series of industry stand-outs will be visiting the event and speaking about various FinTech related topics. For a full list of industry speakers and event partners, click here.
CaptainAltcoin's writers and guest post authors may or may not have a vested interest in any of the mentioned projects and businesses. None of the content on CaptainAltcoin is investment advice nor is it a replacement for advice from a certified financial planner. The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of CaptainAltcoin.com