New day, sea of red but we are still above $9k so that is good. Traders arguing between those who see it going to $4k and those who claim it bottomed out and is about do one of its crazy stratospheric rises. If you are patient, you don’t care – most important thing the whole industry is moving forward, big firms joining, regulators not causing too much problems and tech is being improved upon ever day.
Here are some of the top news of the day:
- Nasdaq is open to becoming cryptocurrency exchange – not a rumour, direct statement from their CEO. Once the regulation is smoothed out and the space “matures”, Nasdaq would consider becoming a digital currency exchange, the company’s CEO says.
- Stanford physicist finds that swirling liquids work similarly to bitcoin – The physics involved with stirring a liquid operate the same way as the mathematical functions that secure digital information.
- You could soon be able to pay your taxes in crypto, if you live in Arizona – The Rules Committee of the Arizona House of Representatives has passed SB 1091, a bill that would allow state residents to pay their taxes with cryptocurrencies.
- Big crypto firms partnering up – Changelly and Binance. Changelly, an exchange that enables users to instantly exchange over 100 altcoins or buy them using a bank card, has announced its partnership with the number one exchange platform Binance. Integrating Binance’s API, Changelly would allow its users to exchange a range of coins on the website faster and at more appealing rates offered by Binance.
- Preparation for the launch of EOS blockchain is nearing the final stretch – time to chose the 21 delegates to serve as blockchain governement. EOS is scheduled to migrate from the Ethereum network to its own on June 2, 2018, and a slew of candidates are vying for one of twenty-one supernodes that will support this new mainnet.
- Most prominent members of Ethereum community fighting to prevent another fork – discussion is led on a controversial code proposal called EIP 999 led some to speculate the scenario is now a possibility. The proposal, which seeks a technical fix that would return $264 million in lost funds, is so contentious, some users may chose to defect to a new version of the code.
- Some exchanges suspend ERC20 token trading due to bug concern – Crypto exchange Poloniex has suspended all ERC-20 (Ethereum-based) token deposits and withdrawals, and HitBTC has initiated an internal inspection that takes deposits and transfers offline, following OKEX’s decision to halt ERC20 deposits earlier today after the discovery of a potential new smart contract bug called batchOverFlow.
- Bitcoin Cash is doing a fork on May 15th but there will no be new coins created (at least that is what the devs claim).
What is new on CaptainAltcoin
CaptainAltcoin's writers and guest post authors may or may not have a vested interest in any of the mentioned projects and businesses. None of the content on CaptainAltcoin is investment advice nor is it a replacement for advice from a certified financial planner. The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of CaptainAltcoin.com