Much disputed cryptocurrency project EOS, that broke all records with their year long ICO that collected astonishing $4 billion, is slowly but surely finding its footing in the crypto world. Number of dApps launched on EOS is growing by day and the whole ecosystem is very vibrant and active.
Although we can all expect more scandals in the context of block producer collusion and other corrupt actions to be uncovered at some point in the future, that is not entirely on EOS, rather an inherent flaw of delegated proof of stake consensus mechanism. Oligopoly breeds corruption and fuzziness.
Nevertheless, that is not the topic of this article. We wanted to jot down couple of ways for EOS holders to earn more tokens without the need of actual buying on exchanges.
- Claim your daily free roll on betdice.one. You can also stake your DICE tokens to get even more passive income. You can then eventually exchange DICE for EOS tokens.
- Lend on eos.chintai.io. Chintai is token leasing dapp on EOS.
- Lend on REX – A EOS holder can lend their tokens to the Resource Exchange and will receive REX tokens for their EOS at the current book value of the Resource Exchange. The REX will generate fees by lending the EOS which will increase the book value.
- Participate on Everipedia, earn IQ, and cash out IQ into EOS – Everipedia is a for profit wiki based encyclopaedia created by the same co founder of Wikipedia to compete against and ultimately replace Wikipedia. Everipedia is peer-to-peer, online encyclopedia using EOS.IO technology that rewards users with crypto tokens for providing and editing articles. These “IQ” tokens entitle the holder to voting rights within the network.
- Claim all Airgrabs on toolkit.genereos.io/airgrab – The Airgrab model was developed as an alternative to the Airdrop model which is a blanket method of dropping tokens to EOS accounts. To receive an Airgrab Token you must register your account for the desired Airgrab. You must ensure that you have enough RAM (approximately 240 bytes per Airgrab) in your account before you register.
- Buy and stake KARMA (which earns more KARMA each week staked) – Karma staking was enabled on 10 September 2018. Rewards can be claimed once a week and the un-staking process will take 3 days. Karma will be working on an inflation rate of 5% annually.
- Stake HORUS to earn ECASH aka eosCASH stable coin (see horuspay.io)
- Lend tokens to others for exchange trading (see Coinlend.org)
- Play EOS knights and sell items on the market
- Participate in any EOS project’s bug bounty
As you can see, there are numerous options to earn money with your EOS tokens and the possibilities will probably sky rocket as the ecosystem grows. But make sure to do a thorough research on best practices and security measures you need to take before using your EOS tokens to earn passive income. Blockchain is a nascent technology and number of attack vectors and security traps is enormous – if you don’t know what are you doing, you could easily lose your tokens.