Much disputed cryptocurrency project EOS, which broke all records with its year-long ICO that collected an astonishing $4 billion, is slowly but surely finding its footing in the crypto world. A number of dApps launched on EOS are growing by the day, and the whole ecosystem is very vibrant and active.
Although we can all expect more scandals in the context of block producer collusion and other corrupt actions to be uncovered at some point in the future, that is not entirely on EOS but rather an inherent flaw of delegated proof of stake consensus mechanism. Oligopoly breeds corruption and fuzziness.
Nevertheless, that is not the topic of this article. We wanted to jot down a couple of ways for digital asset EOS (native token) holders to earn passive income without the need for actually buying on crypto exchanges.
- Claim your daily free roll on betdice.one . You can also stake your DICE tokens to get even more passive income. You can then eventually crypto exchange DICE for EOS tokens.
- Lend on eos.chintai.io. Chintai is a crypto token leasing app on EOS.
- Lend on REX – A EOS holder can lend their tokens to the Resource Exchange and will receive REX tokens for their EOS at the current book value of the Resource Exchange. The REX will generate trading fees by crypto lending the digital asset EOS, increasing the book value.
- Participate on Everipedia, earn IQ, and cash out IQ into digital asset EOS – Everipedia is a for-profit wiki-based encyclopedia created by the same co-founder of Wikipedia to compete against and ultimately replace Wikipedia. Everipedia is a peer-to-peer, online encyclopedia using EOS.IO technology that rewards users with crypto tokens for providing and editing articles. These “IQ” tokens entitle the holder to voting rights within the network.
- Claim all Airgrabs on toolkit.genereos.io/airgrab – The Airgrab model was developed as an alternative to the Airdrop model, which is a blanket method of dropping tokens to EOS accounts. To receive an Airgrab Token, you must register your account for the desired Airgrab. You must ensure that you have enough RAM (approximately 240 bytes per Airgrab) in your account before you register.
- Buy and stake KARMA (which earns more KARMA each week staked) – Karma staking was enabled on 10 September 2018. Rewards can be claimed once a week, and the un-staking process will take 3 days. Karma will be working on an inflation rate of 5% annually.
- Stake HORUS to earn ECASH aka eosCASH stable coin (see horuspay.io)
- Crypto lending tokens to others for exchange trading volume (see Coinlend.org)
- Play EOS knights and sell items on the market
- Participate in any EOS project’s bug bounty
While you are here, have a look at our EOS price prediction
As you can see, there are numerous options to earn passive income with your EOS tokens, and the possibilities will probably skyrocket as the ecosystem grows. But make sure to do thorough research on best practices and security measures you need to take before using your EOS tokens to earn passive income. Blockchain is a nascent technology, and a number of attack vectors and security traps is enormous – if you don’t know what you are doing, you could easily lose your tokens.
CaptainAltcoin's writers and guest post authors may or may not have a vested interest in any of the mentioned projects and businesses. None of the content on CaptainAltcoin is investment advice nor is it a replacement for advice from a certified financial planner. The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of CaptainAltcoin.com