With Bitcoin exchange-traded funds (ETFs) finally getting approved by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) last week, the market is shifting its attention to the next major cryptocurrency that could see an ETF launch: Ethereum. Several firms have Ethereum ETF filings underway with deadlines for decisions rapidly approaching.
According to public SEC records, the deadlines for several Ethereum ETF applications are as follows:
- VanEck – May 23, 2024
- ARK 21Shares – May 24, 2024
- Hashdex Nasdaq – May 30, 2024
- Grayscale Ethereum Trust Conversion – June 18, 2024
- Invesco Galaxy Ethereum – July 5, 2024
- iShares Ethereum Trust – August 7, 2024
- Fidelity Ethereum Fund – August 3, 2024
With these deadlines set, decisions on whether the SEC will approve these Ethereum ETFs are only months away. The upcoming VanEck and 21Shares ETFs have the earliest deadlines in late May 2024.
Now that Bitcoin ETFs have overcome regulatory hurdles, market observers are optimistic that Ethereum funds could be next in line.
However, the SEC still has concerns around volatility, manipulation, and illicit activities plaguing the crypto space. Whether regulators believe the cryptocurrency industry has matured enough for an Ethereum ETF remains to be seen.
With deadlines fast approaching in 2024, do you think we could see an SEC-approved Ethereum ETF this year? The long-awaited Bitcoin ETF finally materialized, so hopes are high that Ethereum investing is about to get easier for Wall Street.
You may also be interested in:
- A Sleeping Crypto Giant? Why One Ripple Analyst Sees XRP Surging to $333
- Fibonacci Reveals Shiba Inu’s SHIB Next Key Levels, But This Support Must Hold First
- Bonk 90-Day Growth Hits 6390% As Shiba Inu Successor Gains Steam
A unique play-to-earn gaming platform in the memecoin market
The platform combines artisanal and gold mining with cryptocurrencies in an unusual gaming context, offering a distinctive and immersive experience
Fosters a strong community by encouraging physical meetups among members
NFT Integration with Prominent Characters