Roller coaster is the other name for crypto market. It proved its worthy of such name many times – today is no exception. Sea is still there but it keeps changing colors – from yesterday’s red to today’s green.
Straight to the news:
- South Korean politicians are very friendly to blockchain and cryptocurrencies – Kim Yong-jin, South Korea’s Deputy Minister of Strategy and Finance, stated at a financial conference held at InterContinental Seoul that the cryptocurrency market is growing exponentially and gaining stability. Minister Kim surprised local investors and cryptocurrency researchers by stating that alternative means of payment such as cryptocurrencies could threaten the foundation of the traditional fiat system.
- Another Asian country is also open to more blockchain on their soil – The Philippine government will allow 10 Blockchain and cryptocurrency companies to operate in the Cagayan Economic Zone, Reuters reports April 25.
- Binance is More Profitable than Germany’s Biggest Bank Deutsche – This year, in the first quarter of 2018, Deutsche Bank, Germany’s biggest bank and one of Europe’s leading financial institutions, recorded a profit of $146 million. Binance, the world’s biggest cryptocurrency exchange, recorded a profit of $200 million.
- Chilean Anti-Monopoly Court Orders Banks To Re-Open Crypto Exchange’s Accounts – Major Chilean cryptocurrency exchange Buda has persuaded a court to order the re-opening of its accounts at two major Chilean banks, Bloomberg reports April 25.
- More Than $140 Million in Bitcoin Moved from Mt Gox Wallets – 16,000 bitcoins (an amount worth about $141 million) tied to the now-defunct bitcoin exchange Mt Gox were moved on Thursday. However, this time he did it via OTC markets and that shouldn’t have any effect on market prices.
What is new on CaptainAltcoin
- Ripple overview: Rumored partnerships and real danger of being classified as security
- OMG Overview: Asia’s favorite having a great month
- What Is the Difference between a Full Node and a Light Client?