Comet is a native wallet for your web browser that enables direct communication with the VeChainThor blockchain, developed by Totient, an activist crypto hedge fund and blockchain venture studio. Comet provides developers with a powerful platform to create and distribute dApps, and a familiar environment for users to experience the many benefits of blockchain applications.
Comet is now officially in open beta stage and can be installed from the Chrome Web Store by clicking this link: Click here to get Comet!
Comet is the MetaMask of Vechain – the most important window into the VeChain ecosystem. It will enable developers and users to communicate with the VET blockchain via Web3 framework and Connex, a Vechain developed Web3 alternative.
As the official statement by the developer team claims, Comet is:
Decentralized, streamlined, and integrated.
- With Comet, your funds are securely stored on your own computer. We do not store your private keys in a centralized database, and you are always in full control over your assets.
- Comet comes with a streamlined wallet interface that makes managing your crypto assets a breeze. Comet hides many of the complexities of the blockchain in the background.
- Comet integrates directly with Totient’s products and the VeChainThor ecosystem projects.
What’s Next for Comet?
Over the coming months, Comet will receive many updates and improvements. Some of these updates include, but are not limited to:
- Support for Connex.
- An extensionless option that lets users run dApps on mobile.
- Verified dApp program for improved user experience.
- Integration with Veforge Vault.
- and much more!