Helium is all about the Internet of Things. The IoT is a network of connected devices with sensors that monitor their environment. We have fridges that automatically restock themselves online, and ingestible sensors that can monitor our health from within our bodies. It’s amazing stuff!
However, many newly connected IoT devices move around with us, such as activity sensors, electronic vehicles, and pet/child trackers. There’s no public access WiFi in most places, cellphone data contracts are expensive, and coverage isn’t universal. So how do these IoT devices send and receive information when they’re out and about?
That’s the problem that Helium attempts to solve.
Our HNT price forecast suggests the token price will be around $7.51 in the next 90 days.
👉 Helium Price Prediction 2024
Our HNT price forecast suggests the token price will be around $54.85 in 2024.
👉 Helium Price Prediction 2025
We predict the Helium price to hover around $100.08 in 2025 based on our analysis.
👉 Helium Price Prediction 2026
In 2026, we expect the Helium price to be approximately $113.74 according to our price prediction model.
👉 Helium Price Prediction 2027
Our HNT prediction indicates the token price will be in the vicinity of $143.77 in 2027.
👉 Helium Price Prediction 2028
For 2028, we forecast the HNT price to be around $173.79 given current trends.
👉 Helium Price Prediction 2029
Looking ahead to 2029, we estimate the Helium price will settle around $203.82.
👉 Helium Price Prediction 2030
Our HNT price prediction suggests a token price of about $215.17 by 2030 based on projected growth.
What you'll learn 👉
What is Helium
Helium (HNT) stands as a cryptocurrency operating on a network that extends internet connectivity to smart devices via a decentralized wireless protocol. Designed with the Internet of Things (IoT) in mind, Helium strives to foster communities and enable them to collaborate with an array of internet-connected devices. Below, you’ll find key insights into Helium’s essence and its practical applications:
- Helium (HNT) serves as the official currency of the People’s Network, a rapidly expanding wireless infrastructure.
- Helium was established in 2013 by Shawn Funning, Amir Haleem, and Sean Carey, aiming to simplify device connectivity.
- Users of Helium acquire a router/miner, facilitating connections with similar devices within their vicinity.
- The Helium token (HNT) assumes a dual role: incentivizing users to maintain and extend the network and granting access to its services.
Helium HNT Price Prediction For The Next 90 Days
The HNT token price is largely blown around by the tempestuous winds of the broader crypto market. Any useful technical analysis signals are swamped by this external noise. Fundamental analysis tells us about the current realities and attempts to analyze the trajectory of a project. The hope is that we can identify a winning company – one with a great idea, a brilliant team, effective governance, and a sound financial footing. Helium ticks all these boxes.
The cryptocurrency industry has faced increased regulation in 2023, with the SEC and Department of Justice pursuing legal action against major players. This crackdown signals the end of cryptocurrency unbridled early years, as traditional financial institutions enter the market and call for clearer rules. In 2024, significant regulatory clarity is expected. Several factors have fueled this crypto rebound last year. Most notably, Ripple Labs won a key legal victory against the SEC in June, leading to a short-lived price bounce. Renewed institutional interest has also provided a boost, with major firms like BlackRock pushing for Bitcoin ETF approval in late 2023. Bitcoin ETF approvals were done in early January 2024, setting a positive tone for the market. Analysts had predicted the SEC would decide on Bitcoin ETF applications between January 5th and 10th, 2024, potentially catalyzing industry growth. The approvals have been seen as a significant step towards mainstream acceptance and have sparked optimism among investors and traders alike. Now, attention is turning towards both pre and post-halving rallies, with the BTC halving scheduled for April 2024, which is expected to further boost Bitcoin, Ethereum, and the broader crypto market. Looking ahead, proposed 2024 changes like new accounting rules for crypto assets and less hawkish central bank policies could impact markets. Updated accounting standards may allow more corporate Bitcoin reserves. Meanwhile, forthcoming Treasury Department cryptocurrency tax guidelines, applying by 2025, could transform regulations around decentralized finance, NFTs, and digital wallets. ETF approvals have proven complex but present future investor opportunities if SEC concerns can be addressed. Bitcoin has more than doubled in 2023, with the recent Wall Street earthquake and upcoming halving expected to further boost Bitcoin, Ethereum, and the broader crypto market. By passing $50,000 for the first time since 2021, Bitcoin has climbed over 200% year-to-date. Ethereum has also grown following ETF approvals since now many anticipate ETH ETF approvals could be next. The majority of investors, traders, and crypto influencers are hopeful that the real crypto bull run will finally commence in late 2024, bolstered by the recent ETF approvals and anticipation of the upcoming Bitcoin halving event.
Below is a tabular overview of how will HNT develop in the short-term (for the next 90 days), according to our prediction model:
Helium is building a global data network. Typically, it takes billions of dollars and a decade of governmental approvals to roll out such a massive infrastructure project. Helium applies a novel approach where the end-users are also the network infrastructure providers. To incentivize users to invest in network hardware, the Helium blockchain enables them to mine the HNT token with their equipment.
That’s the killer app, but there’s a little more to it than that. If this crowd-sourced model works, then it signals a paradigm shift in how humanity realizes global infrastructure projects. It’s decentralization at its finest.
Helium (HNT) tokenomics encompasses the economic principles governing the Helium Network Token (HNT), which serves as both the native cryptocurrency and protocol token of the Helium Network. Here are some essential aspects of HNT tokenomics:
- HNT is the native cryptocurrency and protocol token of the Helium Network, serving as the primary incentive and reward mechanism for network participants.
- The original Helium blockchain minted the first HNT on July 29th, 2019, at block 93, with no pre-mining of HNT before the network’s launch.
- HNT plays a pivotal role in incentivizing and rewarding two key parties within the Helium Ecosystem: Hotspot Hosts and Operators, as well as Enterprises and Developers.
- Hotspot Hosts and Operators receive network tokens, such as IOT or MOBILE, as rewards for deploying and maintaining network coverage. These tokens are convertible into HNT.
- Enterprises and Developers utilize the Helium Network for device connectivity and IoT application development. They make use of Data Credits, which are USD-pegged utility tokens derived from HNT through burn transactions, to cover transaction fees for wireless data transmissions on the network.
- HNT tokens can be burned to generate Data Credits, which are non-fungible tokens designed to offset transaction fees on the network.
- HNT tokenomics revolves around three core concepts: Proof-of-Coverage (PoC), Proof-of-Location (PoL), and Proof-of-Serialization (PoS).
- PoC ensures that Hotspot Hosts and Operators provide sufficient wireless coverage to the network.
- PoL verifies the accuracy of location data provided by Hotspot Hosts and Operators.
- PoS guarantees that HNT is used in a manner consistent with the network’s objectives.
According to CoinMarketCap, the current circulating supply of HNT is approximately 92 million tokens, with a maximum supply of 223 million tokens1. It’s important to note that the circulating supply can change over time due to factors such as token burns, token unlocks, and token minting.
The Helium Team
I saw the name Sean Fanning and thought, “No way! It can’t be the same guy.” But sure enough, it’s the very same co-founder and lead developer of Napster. Sean went on to co-found Helium and now occupies a position on the board. For those too young to remember, Napster was the first widely adopted peer-to-peer music file-sharing application. This guy spawned a whole new industry. If it wasn’t for Napster’s total disruption of the corrupt, bloated music business, there’d be no Apple iTunes or Spotify. He’s a legend, internet royalty, a genuine technology Hall of Famer!
Helium CEO Amir Haleem, on the other hand, is a former esports world champion! Quake 2 was his thing, apparently. He went on to work in the gaming industry and was part of the team that created Battlefield 1942. He seems super-dedicated and he’s a habitual winner.
Frank Mong has been Cheif Operating Officer at Helium for three years. He has 25 years of experience in cybersecurity. I recommend watching his interviews on Youtube as he explains Helium better than anyone. He seems to be the public face of Helium and leads sales, marketing, and Business Development.
If success breeds success, Helium can’t lose.
In 2013, Amir Haleem, Shawn Fanning, and Sean Carey co-founded the Helium Network with a vision of establishing a blockchain-powered network tailored for Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Their central objective was to build a decentralized wireless network that furnishes internet connectivity to smart devices through a decentralized wireless protocol. The Helium Network officially launched in July 2019 and has since experienced a consistent uptick in both active nodes and companies adopting the Helium blockchain for their IoT data needs.
Fueling the Helium Network is the Helium token (HNT), serving as the primary tool for motivating and compensating network participants. To ensure alignment with its objectives, the Helium Network employs mechanisms like Proof-of-Coverage (PoC), Proof-of-Location (PoL), and Proof-of-Serialization (PoS).
In recent years, the Helium Network has achieved substantial growth, attributed to factors such as the expansion of IoT, strategic partnerships, and the ease of mining within the network.
- Facebook – The Facebook page is up to date and focuses mainly on technical progress. They have 16k followers and there are no claims about Lambos or the moon. It’s all looks well thought out and professionally managed.
- Twitter – They have 190k followers many of who post cool pictures of their antenna installations. There are updates on when the hardware will be available and other important dates in the Helium calendar. I saw virtually no negative tweets.
- YouTube – This is a great source of learning material. There are guests, technicians, and community discussions and the whole thing looks professional and well produced. The Helium Hacks Happy Hour is interesting if you want to disappear down a rabbit hole for days. They currently have 26.5K subscribers.
- Reddit – There are 120k members on the Helium Subreddit. It’s mainly answers to technical questions and requests about when people will receive hardware. It seems there’s a shortage due to the recent massive uptake. There are also announcements about Helium’s technical progress. It’s quite an orderly group for Reddit.
- Discord – Their Discord server has over 160k members.
Exchanges & Wallet Support
You can trade HTN on Binance, Binance US, FTX, Hotbit, WazirX, Pionex, and Hotbit. Most of the liquidity is on Binance as usual, but Pionex also provides a healthy HNT/USDT market (check the Pionex vs Binance comparison here)..
Helium recommends its application wallet as the easiest to use. For the more technically minded there’s the Command Line Interface Wallet (CLI). You have access to all transaction types but Helium advises caution when using it. You need to know what you’re doing!
There’s also a Ledger Wallet application which is the safest place to store significant quantities of HNT. The Ledger app only supports sending and receiving.
Helium Price Prediction 2024
Our prediction model sees a temporary switch to a bear market in Q4 2023 and at the beginning of 2024 before we move onto another leg up in 2024.
HNT Market Price Prediction
Here are the Helium (HNT) price forecasts from five different experts:
- According to Capital.com, Helium may experience a significant decrease in value over the next 12 months, potentially dropping to a low of $0.0545 by early April 2024.
- CryptoNewsZ offers a varied perspective. They anticipate that in 2023, the token could reach a peak price of $3.40, with a minimum price of $1.2. Their projections extend to 2025, where Helium might trade within the range of $4.13 to $5.95, with an average price around $5.04. Looking further into the future, their Helium price predictions for 2030 suggest an average price of approximately $14.86 for the entire year.
- Changelly predicts a near-term increase, estimating that HNT could reach $1.552776 by September 24, 2023. They also foresee a trading range of $19.88 to $23.46 for HNT in 2029.
- AMBCrypto notes that Helium’s price was $1.45 at the same time last week and suggests the possibility of it reaching $3.85 in 2024.
- StormGain, basing their analysis on technical factors, projects a price range for Helium (HNT) in 2023 between $4.02 and $4.79. Their long-term forecasts are more optimistic, with a predicted price of $10.00 by 2025 and a further increase to $20.00 by 2030.
Helium Price Prediction 2025
Our prediction model sees HNT reaching new highs in 2025:$100.08
Helium Price Prediction 2030 – 2040
What Helium will be worth in 2030?
Our forecasting model sees Helium reaching $250.20 in 2030.
What Helium will be worth in 2040?
Our forecasting model sees Helium reaching $500.41 in 2040.
Will Helium replace / surpass / overtake Bitcoin?
No, Helium will not replace or overtake BTC.
Can Helium reach $1000?
Yes, it is possible that Helium can reach $1000 but only in a distanced future, after 2030.
Is Helium worth buying?
We are advocates of moderately risky investing – invest most of your crypto portfolio in BTC (50%); 35% in a basket of big cap coins and the rest in small projects with huge upside. So, in this context, Helium is worth buying.
Is Helium a good investment?
Helium is, just like all other cryptocurrencies, a risky investment. It does have higher probability of going up than down because of the good use case, well-designed tokenomics, active community and a solid team behind it.
How much will Helium be worth?
For the short-term future, it could reach $7.51. In the long-term (8-10 years), it could jump to $250.20 or even higher.
Why will Helium succeed and go up in price?
Helium has a good use case, well-designed tokenomics, active community and a solid team behind it. All of these are a prerequisite for success and that is why our prediction model sees Helium rising up to $250.20 in 2030.
Why will Helium fail and drop in price?
Crypto projects fail for various reasons. Some of the most common ones are: team goes rogue and abandons the project, regulators declare it illegal and press exchanges to delist it, lack of media attention, more successful competitors, lack of well designed marketing strategy, losing community support, potential vulnerability in the protocol, failing to achieve anticipated minimum developement activity on the protocol, failing to attract new developers to build on their platform.
How high will Helium go?
Our forecasting model sees Helium price exploding and reaching $500.41 in a distant future.
What is the short-term prediction for Helium?
Helium will reach $7.51 in the next 90 days, which is a 10.9% change over the current price which hovers around $8.42.
Can Helium make you a millionaire?
Yes, if you buy large enough sum of it. Do not expect to invest $100 and become a Helium millionaire. But 100x price explosions are a common sight in crypto, so a $10k investment in Helium could make you a millionaire.
Helium Price Prediction Today - What will be the price of Helium tomorrow?
Helium will hover around $9.07 tomorrow.
When to sell and exit Helium?
That depends on your trading profile. If you believe in Helium and think it has a bright future, holding the coin for at least a couple of years is a good idea. Taking profits on good investments is an even better idea. So if you are sitting on 100-200% or even more gains on your Helium, cashing out a portion of the funds is not a bad move.
Can Helium explode?
No, Helium price will not explode and record 5-10x pumps; but grow more modestly with an increase of 45.5% in the next year.
What will be the price of Helium in 10 years?
Helium price in 10 years will hover between $250.20 and $500.41.
Helium Price Prediction 2023 - What will Helium be worth in 2023?
Helium will reach $25.58 in 2023, which is a 203.61% change over the current price.
Helium Price Prediction 2024 - What will Helium be worth in 2024?
Helium will reach $54.85 in 2024, which is a 551.11% change over the current price.
Helium Price Prediction 2026 - What will Helium be worth in 2026?
Helium will reach $113.74 in 2026, which is a 1250.16% change over the current price.
Helium Price Prediction 2027 - What will Helium be worth in 2027?
Helium will reach $143.77 in 2027, which is a 1606.56% change over the current price.
Helium Price Prediction 2028 - What will Helium be worth in 2028?
Helium will reach $173.79 in 2028, which is a 1962.96% change over the current price.
Helium Price Prediction 2029 - What will Helium be worth in 2029?
Helium will reach $203.82 in 2029, which is a 2319.36% change over the current price.
Helium Price Prediction 2050 - What will Helium be worth in 2050?
Helium will reach $772.63 in 2050, which is a 9071.36% change over the current price.
Can Helium reach $100?
Yes, Helium could reach $100 by the end of 2024.
Summary and Final Thoughts
The Mesh network concept is not new, and with the inception of BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) all Bluetooth-enabled devices now have a potential range of up to half a mile. Remarkably, BLE will run on traditional Bluetooth hardware and only requires a software update to achieve this range. This is Helium’s competition, and they are backed by billion-dollar tech manufacturing companies.
Helium are the good guys. The manufacturers of our televisions, home security systems, and baby monitors are the bad guys. The equipment in our homes is already being exploited without our knowledge or explicit consent. Yes, the internet of things could bring great benefits, but the way it’s being implemented surreptitiously through our televisions, exercise machines, and electricity meters is scandalous.
It’s not only your data. Everyone’s precious data passes through your hardware without your knowledge of where it came from or where it’s going. I think there’s a serious ethical problem here, which makes Helium’s concept very attractive as a way to push back against big tech.
Choosing to opt-in to the Helium network gives the user some agency, plus a share of the value created by providing a network. I predict that once people start to appreciate the value of their digital existence as they do their physical existence, they’ll seek ways to monetize it. Helium could be part of the solution.
The profitability of mining HNT will continue to fall over time, but as long as the Helium network continues to be successful, HNT will be worth holding. I might buy some regardless, just to support a thoroughly worthwhile project.
Also, you might want to check out other price predictions:
- Injective Protocol Price Prediction
- Tellor Token Price Prediction
- Waltonchain Price Prediction – Future Forecast For WTC Price
- Future Forecast for XRP Price
- Tezos Price Prediction
- Zilliqa Price Prediction
- Sia Coin (SC) Price Prediction
- Future Forecast for RDD
- Orion Protocol Price Prediction
- Kava.io Price Prediction